Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Evolution of a Title

As you may have read in my previous post, I had been second guessing my capping paper title.  The title I was thinking of posed some problems and as all things evolve, so did my title and thought process around the topic of my capping. Below find the evolution of my title:

1st thoughts:

Why Teacher-Librarians are Essential: The Evolving Roles of School Libraries and Teacher-Librarians in the 21st Century. 

Proposal title as well as Draft 1 & 2:

The Essential Teacher-Librarian: Clarifying the Role of the Teacher-Librarian in the Implementation of Information Literacy Programming in Manitoba Schools

 Draft 3:

The Essential Teacher-Librarian: Clarifying the Role of the Teacher-Librarian in the Implementation of Information Literacy Programming

Draft 4 & 5:

The Essential Teacher-Librarian: Clarifying the Role of the 21st Century Teacher-Librarian

Final title of published capping paper:

The Essential Teacher-Librarian: Clarifying the Contributions of Teacher-Librarians To The
Development of Information Literacy Skills in 21st Century Learners

Although this title evolved, you can see that I never took out the word “essential” because I truly believe that we are an essential part of 21st century education.  Plus it was intended to be a piece of advocacy for our essential role in schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment