Thursday, August 19, 2010

Delusional, self-involved narcissistic silliness!

This blog was primarily set up as a way for me to work out my rambling thoughts about my capping paper, which is essentially a mini-thesis, for my MEd in Teacher-Librarianship. It may develop into something else along the way I suppose, that often happens in reality: things evolve!


I think the first order of business is to discuss the title of the blog and why I chose that particular moniker. It’s not because I see myself as “The Essential Teacher-Librarian” or some other related, yet delusional, self-involved narcissistic silliness. Far from . . . I too will evolve I am sure, but in the mean time I am still learning and growing. I do strive to be essential to the teachers and students I serve, but that will be a career long endeavour I am sure. No, the reasoning behind the title is simply that I feel teacher-librarians are essential in the 21st century. But saying that often makes one feel the need to explain or defend. That was my intent with this blog: to use it as a way to explore how teacher-librarians are essential, really to explore the answers to these questions:

How are Teacher-Librarians essential in today’s Canadian schools? (What do they do?)

Why are Teacher-Librarians essential in today’s Canadian schools? (What difference do they make or effect do they have?)

What must Teacher-Librarians do to become essential if we are not working to our full potential?

What must teacher-librarians do to remain essential?

What exactly is the definition of “The Essential Teacher-Librarian” anyway?

What are the characteristics of “The Essential Teacher-Librarian.” (personality & professionally)

I am leaning towards the following title for my capping paper (but with the way my brain works, it might change a hundred times before I even start writing!!):

Why Teacher-Librarians are Essential: The Evolving Roles of School Libraries and Teacher-Librarians in the 21st Century.

Hmmm . . ..  already I'm thinking it needs work!!

Let the adventures begin!

Christine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment